With only €2.000 minimum monthly income
Valid for 2 years with right to renew
Freedom to travel in Europe without a visa
No minimum stay in Greece
Access to the Greek Public Health System
For all the family, spouce and Children up to 18 y/o
We make it Simple... Just ask us how!
According to article 20 of Law 4251/2014 (Immigration Code), non- European Union citizens who prove that they have the necessary International income in order to be qualified as financially independent, may apply for a 2-year residence permit in Greece.
The residence Permit for Financial Independent Individuals:
- Allows the beneficiary to reside legally in Greece,
- Travel within the Schengen area, for periods not exceeding 3 months per 6-month periods.
- Is valid for 2 years, and which may be renewed (provided that the requirements are still met at the time of renewal).
- The financially independent person benefitting from this residence permit, may be accompanied by his family, which are: the spouse and the children under the age of 18 years old
- The family members may apply for a residence permit as dependents of the financially independent person, provided that the financial criteria are met.
- There is no minimum amount of time that the holder of a residence permit for financially independent persons is required to stay in Greece per year, and long absences from Greece do not obstruct the renewal of such residence permit.
- He is not allowed to exercise any professional or business activity in Greece, either as an employee or an independent professional.
Residence Permit for Financially Independent People (FIP) in 6 Simple Steps
1) The only requirement is a monthly International income over 1.999 Euros.
2) Contact us to assist with the preparation of the application file and documents.
3) Apply in the nearest Greek consulate and obtain a type-D visa.
4) Apply for the Financially Independent persons Residence permit.
5) Applicant receives a provisional residence permit immediately.
6) After examination of the application the residence permit is issued.
Legal Details about Greek Golden Visa Application
What are the minimum financial requirements regarding the income?
- Currently, this amount is set at a minimum of 2000 euros per month, for the main applicant.
- In case the main applicant is accompanied by family members, the required amount is increased by 20 % for the spouse and 15 % per each child.
- The income may be proved by providing evidence of receiving a pension abroad, of having a bank account or other sufficient own financial means, of a legal origin, to cover their living expenses without being required to provide employed work or exercise an independent business profession in Greece.
What is the procedure to be followed?
- As a first step, the applicant must apply and obtain a type D visa, at the Greek Consulate at the place of his or her permanent residence abroad.
- As a second, the applicant must apply for a Residence permit for Financially Independent Persons at the competent Migration Department in Greece.
- Upon submission of the application, the applicant receives a provisional residence permit, allowing him or her to enter and reside legally in Greece, until the examination of his/ her file.
- Finally, upon examination of the application by the competent authorities, the permanent residence permit is issued.
We can assist you:
- To obtain the visa D-type,
- by providing legal advice and assistance in connection with the preparation of the application file and documents,
- Communicating with the Consulate,
- with the application in Greece for the residence permit at the competent Migration Department.
- Finding and renting a property in Greece (if required),
- opening a bank account,
- generally we may support you with any legal or administrative procedure in Greece.
This page does not constitute legal advice.